While immunocompromised patients are the most susceptible to CNS fungal infections, they can also occur in immunocompetent patients undergoing invasive procedures such as neurosurgery and in patients exposed to contaminated devices or drugs.
People who feel younger than their age show fewer signs of brain aging than those who feel their age or older than their age.
Advance care planning in frail older adults does not increase patient activation or quality of life.
Delay or lack of speech, seizures, and walking/balance disorders are some of the symptoms associated with AS.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug designation to Surface Oncology's lead investigational candidate SRF231, a potential treatment for patients with multiple myeloma.
Individual blood donations will no longer need to be tested for the Zika virus.
Anticonvulsant drugs are ineffective for chronic low back pain and can cause harm, despite a recent increase in prescribing.
Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection, a cholinesterase inhibitor, is indicated to reverse the effects of non-depolarizing neuromuscular blockers after surgery.
CUTX-101, a subcutaneous injectable formulation of copper histidinate, is designed to supplement blood and brain copper levels in patients with Menkes disease.
Aedes aegypti mosquitoes can spread the Zika virus.
Cannabis use is associated with psychosis symptoms during adolescence.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- High Treatment Adherence and Quality of Life Observed With Fingolimod
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Early Treatment Failure More Likely With Carbamazepine vs Lamotrigine in Epilepsy
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Concurrent Non-Motor Functions Strongly Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Feeling Young May Be Reflected in Brain Structure