Investigators sought to determine how prevalent and severe intractable nausea, vomiting, or hiccups are in patients with AQP4-IgG-positive NMOSD.
The use of tap water in a nasal-flushing Neti pot likely led to a Seattle woman's death from a Balamuthia mandrillaris brain infection.
Investigators sought to determine whether rituximab would have long-term effects on total and specific immunoglobulins in patients with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders.
Investigators examined neuropsychological outcomes of children who survived pediatric cardiac arrest.
The number of cases of acute flaccid myelitis in the United States this year appears to have peaked and is expected to decline for the remainder of 2018.
A recent study supports the use of the long exercise test to diagnose periodic paralysis.
Investigators reviewed a case study of 2 brothers with retinal vasculopathy with cerebral leukoencephalopathy to learn more about this rare disease.
Clinicians and public health practitioners should advise expectant parents on ways to prevent childhood lead exposure.
In-home services such as help with household chores and caregiver respite will be available to seniors with private Medicare Advantage plans in more than 20 states next year.
The antiviral agent fluoxetine is well tolerated but is not effective for patients with proven or presumptive enterovirus D68-associated acute flaccid myelitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- APOE Genotype Coupled With Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation Increases Alzheimer's Risk
- Unplanned Pregnancy in Women With Epilepsy Increases Risk for Spontaneous Fetal Loss
- Epilepsy, Sleep Apnea, and SUDEP: A Closer Look
- HIT-Related Stress Linked to Burnout Among Physicians
- Risk Up for Later-Born Siblings of Children With ASD, ADHD