While immunocompromised patients are the most susceptible to CNS fungal infections, they can also occur in immunocompetent patients undergoing invasive procedures such as neurosurgery and in patients exposed to contaminated devices or drugs.
Neurologic outcomes in children with diabetic ketoacidosis are similar regardless of the rate of administration or the NaCl content of intravenous fluids.
White matter hyperintense lesions in patients with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome change over time in a manner that parallels disease severity.
Informed consent, privacy, and justice concerns are 3 issues that should be addressed before the use of online genealogy data in criminal cases becomes widely adopted.
Brain autopsies of participants of the Rush Memory Aging project (n=428) were studied to identify the association between brain pathologies and total daily physical activity and mortality.
The FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to Lenti-D for the treatment of patients with cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy.
The Agency has received reports of serious neural tube birth defects involving the brain, spine, and spinal cord in babies born to women who received dolutegravir for HIV treatment.
These Medication Guides should be provided the first time an outpatient receives a GBCA injection at an MRI center; hospital patients are not required to receive a Medication Guide.
Evidence on whether the implementation of prescription drug monitory programs increases or decreases opioid-related overdoses was found to be "largely insufficient".
Lightning, which can result in strong electromagnetic fields, can interfere with deep brain stimulation devices.
Ventriculomegaly, Polymicrogyria Predict Epilepsy Risk Among Pediatric Patients With Cytomegalovirus Infections
Investigators retrospectively reviewed the patients' medical records and MRI images and assessed the associations between the MRI findings and neurologic outcomes, specifically neurodevelopmental achievement, epilepsy, and sensorineural hearing loss.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued