Delay or lack of speech, seizures, and walking/balance disorders are some of the symptoms associated with AS.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug designation to Surface Oncology's lead investigational candidate SRF231, a potential treatment for patients with multiple myeloma.
Criminals are sending fake US Food and Drug Administration warning letters to people who tried to buy medicines online or over the phone.
The FDA has released new guidance for drug developers that could potentially lead to the approval of a wider range of nonprescription drug products, allowing patients to "self-treat" some acute conditions and possibly chronic ones as well.
The prospective study was performed in patients ≥16 years of age with community-acquired bacterial meningitis.
Gottlieb said "The charge to this new task force is to look for holistic solutions to addressing the underlying causes for these [drug] shortages."
Obstructive sleep apnea is associated with changes to the structure of the brain that are seen in the early stages of dementia.
Individual blood donations will no longer need to be tested for the Zika virus.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
Anticonvulsant drugs are ineffective for chronic low back pain and can cause harm, despite a recent increase in prescribing.
Neostigmine Methylsulfate Injection, a cholinesterase inhibitor, is indicated to reverse the effects of non-depolarizing neuromuscular blockers after surgery.
CUTX-101, a subcutaneous injectable formulation of copper histidinate, is designed to supplement blood and brain copper levels in patients with Menkes disease.
Aedes aegypti mosquitoes can spread the Zika virus.
Cannabis use is associated with psychosis symptoms during adolescence.
Approximately one-third of US children and adolescents use dietary supplements.
Neurologic outcomes in children with diabetic ketoacidosis are similar regardless of the rate of administration or the NaCl content of intravenous fluids.
White matter hyperintense lesions in patients with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome change over time in a manner that parallels disease severity.
Short-term administration of carbapenem antibiotics may be beneficial in the treatment of VPA overdose in patients with no history of seizure disorder.
Informed consent, privacy, and justice concerns are 3 issues that should be addressed before the use of online genealogy data in criminal cases becomes widely adopted.
Brain autopsies of participants of the Rush Memory Aging project (n=428) were studied to identify the association between brain pathologies and total daily physical activity and mortality.
The FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to Lenti-D for the treatment of patients with cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy.
These Medication Guides should be provided the first time an outpatient receives a GBCA injection at an MRI center; hospital patients are not required to receive a Medication Guide.
The Agency has received reports of serious neural tube birth defects involving the brain, spine, and spinal cord in babies born to women who received dolutegravir for HIV treatment.
Evidence on whether the implementation of prescription drug monitory programs increases or decreases opioid-related overdoses was found to be "largely insufficient".
Lightning, which can result in strong electromagnetic fields, can interfere with deep brain stimulation devices.
Experts discuss the symptoms and prevalence of neurological manifestations in Sjogren syndrome.
While immunocompromised patients are the most susceptible to CNS fungal infections, they can also occur in immunocompetent patients undergoing invasive procedures such as neurosurgery and in patients exposed to contaminated devices or drugs.
Ventriculomegaly, Polymicrogyria Predict Epilepsy Risk Among Pediatric Patients With Cytomegalovirus InfectionsMay 04, 2018
Investigators retrospectively reviewed the patients' medical records and MRI images and assessed the associations between the MRI findings and neurologic outcomes, specifically neurodevelopmental achievement, epilepsy, and sensorineural hearing loss.
The application assesses 3 key balance metrics: (1) double stance, (2) right tandem stance, and (3) left tandem stance.
Negative fateful life events in midlife are associated with advanced predicted brain aging.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis May Be Risk Factors for Migraine in Adolescents
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Angelman Syndrome Treatment
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Clinical, Radiologic Markers Predictive of Cortical Superficial Siderosis in ICH Identified
- Migraine Pain Location May Not Have Clinical Implications