GESTICARE DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacinamide 20mg, pyridoxine HCl 50mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 8mcg, Vit. C (as ascorbic acid) 120mg, Vit. D3 410 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iodine (as potassium iodide) 150mcg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 27mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, choline (as bitartrate) 55mg; tabs. Docosahexaenoic acid [from Algal oil (C.cohnii)] 250mg; caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for GESTICARE DHA:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab and 1 DHA cap daily.
Treatment of pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Blister cards (5 tabs + 5 caps)—6
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL