Generic Name and Formulations:
Angiotensin II 2.5mg/mL; per vial; soln for IV infusion after dilution.
La Jolla Pharmaceutical
Indications for GIAPREZA:
To increase blood pressure in septic or other distributive shock.
Give by IV infusion. Initially 20ng/kg/min. May titrate every 5mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min as needed based on BP response; max 80ng/kg/min during first 3hrs of treatment. Maintenance dose: max 40ng/kg/min. Doses as low as 1.25ng/kg/min may be used. Once sufficiently improved, down-titrate every 5–15mins by increments of up to 15ng/kg/min based on BP.
Risk of thrombosis. Use concurrent VTE prophylaxis. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant ACE inhibitors may increase response. Concomitant ARBs may decrease response.
Thromboembolic events (eg, deep vein thrombosis), thrombocytopenia, tachycardia, fungal infection, delirium, acidosis, hyperglycemia, peripheral ischemia.
Single-dose vial (1mL, 2mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure