Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics