Generic Name and Formulations:
Carmustine 7.7mg, polifeprosan 20; per wafer.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for GLIADEL:
Newly-diagnosed high-grade malignant glioma as an adjunct to surgery and radiation. Recurrent glioblastoma multiforme as an adjunct to surgery.
See literature. Place 8 wafers (61.6mg) in the resection cavity if the size and shape of it allows; max 8 wafers per surgical procedure.
Avoid communication between surgical resection cavity and ventricular system to prevent wafer from migrating and causing obstructive hydrocephalus. If communication larger than diameter of wafer exists, it should be closed prior to wafer implantation. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Abdominal pain, back pain, chest pain, intracranial hypertension, abnormal healing, brain edema, meningitis or abscess; intracerebral mass effect.
Single-dose treatment box (8 wafers)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL