PVSRIPO is a prototypic oncolytic recombinant polio virus vaccine that recognizes the poliovirus receptor CD155, which is widely expressed in neoplastic cells of solid tumors.
Participants receiving TTFields with temozolomide experienced significantly longer deterioration-free survival for global health vs those receiving temozolomide only.
Treatment with lomustine plus bevacizumab does not show a survival advantage over treatment with lomustine alone in patients with glioblastoma.
Nearly half of the patients in the trial survived more than 5 years after they were given the vaccine-chemotherapy treatment.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Radiomic-based superpc signature stratifies patients into low- or high-risk groups for PFS, OS.
GTR increases survival by about 61% at 1 year compared to STR.
The role of antiangiogenic agents continues to evolve in the treatment of CNS cancers.
Researchers were able to identify 8 genes that showed the highest association to outcomes.
Multiple modalities were found to be superior to single modality therapies in elderly patients with glioblastoma.
Interestingly, the risk of death and tumor progression was increased in low-grade gliomas.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
Two years post-enrollment, 43% of patients in the combination therapy group were alive.
The adaptive trial design will allow GBM patients to benefit from precision medicine.
The device may now be used to treat newly-diagnosed patients in combination with temozolomide.
A reduction primarily in grey matter and expansion of the brain's ventricles was observed.
The combination therapy specifically targets glioblastoma cells.
Patients who meet standard eligibility requirements may make good candidates for single-agent trials.
Survival rates were similar for both methods, but targeted radiation helped preserve cognition.
Researchers also found mechanisms of cell survival in ischemic regions of brain tumor.
70.8% of patients saw improved performance status while on single-agent bevacizumab.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans
- Conscious Sedation Increases Risk of Poor Functional Outcome, Mortality Following Stroke Treatment