1p/19q non-co-deleted anaplastic gliomas are associated with lower sensitivity to chemotherapy and worse prognosis than 1p/19q co-deleted tumors.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Radiomic-based superpc signature stratifies patients into low- or high-risk groups for PFS, OS.
The role of antiangiogenic agents continues to evolve in the treatment of CNS cancers.
Researchers were able to identify 8 genes that showed the highest association to outcomes.
Multiple modalities were found to be superior to single modality therapies in elderly patients with glioblastoma.
Interestingly, the risk of death and tumor progression was increased in low-grade gliomas.
Those who received both treatments lived longer than those who received radiation alone.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
The association may be mediated by mechanisms dependent on matrix metalloproteinases.
Researchers found an association between obesity and meningioma risk, but not for glioma.
The combination therapy specifically targets glioblastoma cells.
Patients who meet standard eligibility requirements may make good candidates for single-agent trials.
Researchers found a decrease in use of radiation treatment after 2005.
Two studies classified gliomas into distinct subtypes by analyzing their genomes.
The researchers stressed that gliomas are very rare, and risk/benefit still favors using hormonal contraception.
70.8% of patients saw improved performance status while on single-agent bevacizumab.
Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine administered after radiation therapy was shown to improve survival in gliomas.
Brittany Maynard's physician-assisted suicide has reignited the "death with dignity" debate that challenges the ethical standards of the medical profession.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies