The presence of visible fluorescence can serve as an intraoperative diagnostic surgical biomarker of high-grade glioma within a brain tumor.
1p/19q non-co-deleted anaplastic gliomas are associated with lower sensitivity to chemotherapy and worse prognosis than 1p/19q co-deleted tumors.
Despite previous reports, researchers have found no signs of a link between cytomegalovirus and brain tumors including glioblastoma.
Radiomic-based superpc signature stratifies patients into low- or high-risk groups for PFS, OS.
The role of antiangiogenic agents continues to evolve in the treatment of CNS cancers.
Researchers were able to identify 8 genes that showed the highest association to outcomes.
Multiple modalities were found to be superior to single modality therapies in elderly patients with glioblastoma.
Interestingly, the risk of death and tumor progression was increased in low-grade gliomas.
Those who received both treatments lived longer than those who received radiation alone.
Over 10 000 brain and CNS tumors are diagnosed in adolescent and young adults each year.
The association may be mediated by mechanisms dependent on matrix metalloproteinases.
Researchers found an association between obesity and meningioma risk, but not for glioma.
The combination therapy specifically targets glioblastoma cells.
Patients who meet standard eligibility requirements may make good candidates for single-agent trials.
Researchers found a decrease in use of radiation treatment after 2005.
Two studies classified gliomas into distinct subtypes by analyzing their genomes.
The researchers stressed that gliomas are very rare, and risk/benefit still favors using hormonal contraception.
70.8% of patients saw improved performance status while on single-agent bevacizumab.
Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine administered after radiation therapy was shown to improve survival in gliomas.
Brittany Maynard's physician-assisted suicide has reignited the "death with dignity" debate that challenges the ethical standards of the medical profession.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis: Effects on DMTs, the Treatment Team, and More
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Efficacy of Naftazone on Motor Symptoms of Parkinson Disease
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Addressing Levodopa-Resistant Parkinson Disease
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Circadian, Circaseptan Rhythms Prevalent in Epileptic Seizure Cycles
- Jolt Accentuation of Headache Not a Universal Indicator of Acute Meningitis
- Reduced Survival for Patients With Idiopathic Parkinsonism
- ACA Implementation Decreased Rates of Therapy Nonadherence in Stroke Survivors
- Fluorescence Can ID High-Grade Glioma During Sx for Brain Tumor