Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; reagent strips (glucose oxidase).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for GLUCOSTIX:
Determination of whole blood glucose.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. May be read visually or by glucometer.
Neonatal blood specimens.
Discard 4 months after opening.
Ascorbic acid, uric acid, fluorides, high blood lipids, extremes in hematocrit may interfere.
Strips—25, 50, 100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches