Generic Name and Formulations:
Gabapentin 300mg, 600mg; tabs.
Indications for GRALISE:
Swallow whole; do not crush, split or chew tabs. Take once daily with the evening meal. ≥18yrs: initially 300mg on Day 1, 600mg on Day 2, 900mg on Days 3–6, 1200mg on Days 7–10, 1500mg on Days 11–14, titrate up to 1800mg on Day 15. Renal impairment: CrCl 30–60mL/min: 600–1800mg. CrCl <30mL/min or on hemodialysis: not recommended.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not interchangeable with other gabapentin products. Epilepsy. Increased risk of suicidal thoughts/behavior. Monitor for worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts/behavior, and unusual changes in mood/behavior. Multiorgan hypersensitivity. Renal impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation; if discontinuing, withdraw gradually over 1 week or longer. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May affect or be affected by hydrocodone. Potentiated by morphine. Separate dosing of aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids by at least 2 hours. May cause false (+) results with urine protein tests (eg, Multistix SG).
Dizziness, somnolence, headache, lethargy, peripheral edema, diarrhea, dry mouth, pain in extremity.
Tabs 300mg—30; 600mg—90; 30-Day Starter pack—78 (9 x 300mg + 69 x 600mg)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored