GYNOL II OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 2% (100mg/applicatorful); contraceptive jelly; contains parabens.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for GYNOL II:
1 teaspoonful spread over the surface and rim of diaphragm prior to intercourse provides 6 hrs protection. Reapply prior to each intercourse (if used with diaphragm do not remove diaphragm; use applicator). Do not remove before 6 hrs following intercourse. Extr Str may be used with condom or alone: 1 applicatorful into vagina up to 1 hr before intercourse and before each additional intercourse. For all: use with each intercourse regardless of day of menstrual cycle.
Discontinue if irritation occurs.
Local vaginal or penile irritation.
Gynol—2.5oz, 3.8oz (w. applicator)
Gynol Ext Str—2.85g (w. applicator)
Ortho-Gynol—3.8oz (w. applicator)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics