Investigators sought to determine the risk for serotonin syndrome with concomitant use of triptans and SSRI or SNRI antidepressants after the FDA issued an advisory warning.
In some patients, surgical trigger site deactivation may treat migraine effectively and relieve symptoms substantially.
Researchers introduce and investigate a new category of headache termed undifferentiated headache in a pediatric population.
Although the main risks associated with migraine include ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, new evidence suggests that the risks for venous thromboembolism and atrial fibrillation — but not heart failure or peripheral artery disease — are also higher.
A phase 3 trial found that monthly use of erenumab may be a preventive therapy for episodic migraine.
Centripetal Propagation of Vasoconstriction Indicates Severity of Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome
Investigators seek the clinical significance of centripetal propagation of vasoconstriction in patients with cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome.
Participants were asked to complete an online diary to record headache activity and needs satisfaction for a 3 week duration.
New cases of headache in older adults should be carefully evaluated for a differential diagnosis of primary headache and to examine underlying causes of secondary headache.
Social, academic, and emotional effects for adolescents that live with parents with migraine were assessed by investigators.
Investigators sought to determine the risk of MI, stroke, PAD, VTE, atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter, and heart failure in patients with migraine.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Apheresis Associated With Clinical Improvement in Early Active Multiple Sclerosis
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- A Convenient Truth: The Problem With Seizure Under-Reporting and How to Fix It
- Incidence of Serotonin Syndrome With Co-Prescription of Triptans, Antidepressants
- Idiopathic Parkinson Disease May Increase Risk for Overactive Bladder
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective as Adjunctive Treatment for Refractory Epilepsy