Investigators assessed the impact of atraumatic vs conventional needles on patient outcomes after lumbar puncture.
Recovery time varies depending on which class of medication the patient is overusing.
The new device is three-quarters the size of the original.
An earlier study examined the efficacy of 2 mg folic acid.
SPG stimulation is delivered on-demand through an implanted neurostimulator.
Fiber optic light at blue and yellow wavelengths can respectively activate and inhibit neurons expressing light-sensitive ion channels
More than 50% of patients with migraine are treated with opioids in the ED despite known risks.
Patients in both groups were satisfied with their care.
Huma Sheikh, MD, discusses some of her top picks from presentations made at the 2016 AHS annual meeting.
The suspension includes a pharmacy-level recall of the product.
It wasn't possible to determine if vitamin supplementation could help prevent migraines.
Previous analysis showed that treatment reduced chronic migraine frequency.
Minor surgical intervention may relieve post-traumatic headaches.
The work/study normally measure was significantly improved in TEV-48125-treated participants.
Over 50% of participants reported having an inadequate response to treatment.
Sensory hallucinations are commonly associated with migraines.
Thirty-five percent of participants reported new or worsening headache at 5 years post-injury.
A 17% increase in CRP was observed in females with migraine.
Participants experienced a reduction in headache days as soon as 3 days post-treatment.
Women with migraine should be evaluated for their risk of CVD events.
The FDA will issue an update after they complete their review.
The findings suggest a neuroendocrine vulnerability in women with migraine.
Less than 25% received an accurate diagnosis.
Huma U. Sheikh, MD, provides highlights of recent clinical research in headache.
A greater prevalence was found in CSX compard to coronary artery disease or healthy controls.
Treatment of chronic, but not episodic migraine with botulinum toxin has been added to the treatment guidelines.
Treatment that provides rapid, consistent migraine relief may help mediate factors that promote inadequate treatment response.
The review highlighted 4 concerning treatment options; magnesium, ondansetron, acetaminophen, and butalbital.
Children and teens with chronic headache pain should be screened for anxiety and depression.
Migraine may exacerbate fibromyalgia symptoms, researchers found.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans