Generic Name and Formulations:
Emicizumab-kxwh 30mg/mL, 60mg/0.4mL, 105mg/0.7mL, 150mg/mL; per vial; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for HEMLIBRA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia A with factor VIII inhibitors.
Adults and Children:
Do not inj into moles, scars, tender skin, bruised, red, hard or not intact skin areas. Give by SC inj into upper outer arms, thighs, or any abdomen quadrant; rotate inj sites. 3mg/kg once weekly for first 4 weeks, then 1.5mg/kg once weekly.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism can occur when average cumulative of >100U/kg per 24hrs of activated prothrombin complex concentrate (aPCC) was given for ≥24hrs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism with concomitant aPCC; monitor and immediately discontinue if occurs. May interfere with coagulation lab tests (eg, ACT, aPTT, aPTT-based assays, Bethesda assays [clotting-based] for FVIII inhibitor titers). Possible hypercoagulability with concomitant recombinant FVIIa or FVIII.
Bispecific factor IXa- and factor X-directed antibody.
Inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, diarrhea, myalgia; thrombotic microangiopathy, thromboembolism.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Risk of Developing Multiple Sclerosis After HPV Vaccination
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid-Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics