HEMOFIL M Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 220–400 IU, 401–800 IU, 801–1700 IU, 1701–2000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for HEMOFIL M:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse at rate of up to 10mL/min. Monitor pulse rate; if increased significantly, reduce infusion rate or hold. Hemorrhage: Mild: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 1–3 days until resolved. Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 3 days or until pain or disability resolved. Life-threatening: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give every 8–24hrs until resolved. Surgery: Minor: obtain 60–80% FVIII increase; give single infusion plus oral antifibrinolytic therapy within 1 hour; Major: pre- and post-op: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; repeat every 8–24hrs based on healing.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, nausea, fever, chills, urticaria, antibody formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Hemofil M to (800) 423-2862.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Court Rules That U.S. Must Halt Sales of Pesticide Chlorpyrifos
- Both Abstinence and High Alcohol Use Linked to Dementia
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Effectively Improves Ambulation in Pediatric Transverse Myelitis
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations