Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 7.5mg, acetaminophen 325mg; per 15mL soln; contains alcohol (7%); tropical fruit punch flavor.
Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Indications for HYCET:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
Administer with calibrated measuring device. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 15mL every 4–6 hours as needed; max 90mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Administer with calibrated measuring device. Dosing should be based on weight (0.27mL/kg). 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 3.75mL. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 5mL. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 7.5mL. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 10mL. All: give every 4–6 hours as needed; max: 6 doses/day.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. Severe renal or hepatic disease: monitor liver and renal function tests periodically. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C) (neonatal withdrawal syndrome). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Opioid + analgesic.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, antihistamines, antipsychotics, antianxiety drugs). May potentiate or be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants.
CNS/respiratory/circulatory depression, hypotension, dizziness, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention, rash; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Soln—473mL (1 pint)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd