IMODIUM A-D LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 1mg/5mL; cherry-mint flavor; contains alcohol 0.5%.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM A-D LIQUID:
Acute: Initially 4mg, then 2mg after each loose stool; max 16mg/day. Stop after 48 hours if ineffective. Chronic: initially 4mg; maintenance 4–8mg/day. Reevaluate if no improvement after 10 days at 16mg/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. 24–47lbs (2–5yrs): 1mg up to 3 times daily for 2 days (use liq). 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 4mg/day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): initially 2mg, then 1mg after each loose stool; max 6mg/day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL