IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 2mg, simethicone 125mg; chew tabs; caplets; mint flavored; contains calcium.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF:
Diarrhea with gas.
Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. Initially 2 chew tabs or caplets, then 1 chew tab or caplet after each loose stool; max 4 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
<6yrs: consult physician. Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. ≥6yrs: initially 1 chew tab or caplet, then ½ chew tab or caplet after each loose stool. 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): max 2 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): max 3 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Antidiarrheal + antiflatulent.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics