Generic Name and Formulations:
Clobetasol propionate 0.025%; crm.
Encore Dermatology, Inc.
Indications for IMPOYZ:
Moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply thin layer twice daily; max 50g/week and 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Wash hands after application. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use for diaper dermatitis or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Application site discoloration, burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, acneiform eruptions, hypertrichosis, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), secondary infection, striae, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure