INCRUSE ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation; contains lactose.
Indications for INCRUSE ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
Take at same time every day. 1 inhalation every 24hrs.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Reevaluate periodically. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm (use alternatives) or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Severe hepatic impairment. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, cough, arthralgia; visual disturbances, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd