INNOPRAN XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Propranolol HCl 80mg, 120mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for INNOPRAN XL:
≥18yrs: Take once daily at bedtime (10PM). Take consistently with regard to food. Initially 80mg/day, may increase to 120mg/day.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia, sick sinus syndrome and >1st -degree AV block unless paced. Asthma.
Cardiac ischemia after abrupt discontinuation.
Risk of cardiac ischemia after abrupt discontinuation. Bronchospastic disease. Heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Diabetes. May mask signs of hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Musculoskeletal disease. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by substrates or inhibitors of CYP2D6 (eg, amiodarone, cimetidine, fluoxetine, paroxetine, quinidine, ritonavir), CYP1A2 (eg, imipramine, ciprofloxacin, theophylline, zolmitriptan), or CYP2C19 (eg, fluconazole), CNS depressants, other antihypertensives, antithyroid drugs, haloperidol, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, alcohol. Antagonized by NSAIDs, aluminum hydroxide; bile acid resins (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol); smoking, chronic alcohol use, and other inducers of CYP2D6, 1A2, or 2C19. Potentiates amiodarone, chlorpromazine, diazepam, lidocaine, bupivacaine, mepivacaine, propafenone, theophylline, thioridazine, warfarin, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan. May increase cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis, disopyramide, lidocaine. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Increased orthostatic hypotension with α-blockers. Caution when withdrawing clonidine. Increased bronchial hyperreactivity with ACEIs. May interfere with glaucoma or thyroid tests. May block epinephrine.
Fatigue, dizziness, constipation, bradycardia, heart failure/block, GI upset, bronchospasm, agranulocytosis, myopathy, myotonia, skin reactions (eg, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria); rare: SLE, alopecia, impotence.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure