An analysis showed that more hospitals are using endovascular therapy with improved outcomes from 2003 to 2013.
The differences between groups in the primary and secondary endpoints did not significantly differ.
Those who received local anesthesia had better functional outcomes in the landmark trial.
Even without the presence of atrial fibrillation, left atrial abnormalities increase the risk of vascular brain injury.
TNK-tPA is safe and effective as a treatment for minor stroke with intracranial occlusion.
The link is mainly due to the blood of cancer patients, which tends to clot more often.
Dehydration in stroke can lead to hemoconcentration and vascular sludging.
Both parents and children exhibited criteria of PTSD and significant levels of anxiety.
Forced exercise was particularly effective in improving motor function and quality of life.
Patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhage and intraventricular hemorrhage experience poor outcomes.
Optic ultrasound is a fast and easy, noninvasive way to measure intracranial pressure.
Two studies showed a greater risk of driving impairment after stroke and aneurysm.
The new recommended levels could have a particularly negative effect on Hispanics and non-Hispanic blacks.
Single small subcortical infarction patients with localized atherosclerotic pathologies have a higher risk of early neurological deterioration.
Mobile stroke units allow for an average 30- to 40-minute time savings to administering IV tPA.
Researchers recommend monitoring vitamin D levels in patients with high vascular risk burden.
HydroCoils reduced the rate of recurrence compared to bare platinum coil.
The trial was stopped early for efficacy.
The use of the clot retriever device with IV tPA improved survival and independence rates.
The Midwest was the most common location for drip and ship hospitals.
In post-stroke patients, depression and fatigue are independently linked to sleep disturbances.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Organic Solvents Plus Genetics May Increase Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- No Significant Clinical Differences Between Cluster Headaches With and Without Aura
- Co-Prescription of Opioids and Antidepressants Prevalent in Migraine
- Deep Brain Stimulation May Slow Rest Tremor Progression in Parkinson Disease
- Herpesvirus Abundant in Alzheimer Disease Brain, New Study Finds
- Patients' Preferences for Physician Attire Linked to Perception of Care
- Weighing the Risks of Deep Brain Stimulation
- Grey Matter Atrophy Sequence in Multiple Sclerosis Phenotypes
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Fewer Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis
- Screening Tool Differentiates Progressive Supranuclear Palsy and Parkinson Disease
- Risk Factors for Impulse Control Behaviors in Parkinson Disease
- Cardiac Pathology in SUDEP Compared With Sudden Arrhythmic or Traumatic Deaths
- 11.2% of U.S. Adults Aged ≥45 Report Subjective Mental Decline
- AMA Aims to Boost Affordability of ACA Marketplace Plans