An analysis showed that more hospitals are using endovascular therapy with improved outcomes from 2003 to 2013.
The differences between groups in the primary and secondary endpoints did not significantly differ.
Those who received local anesthesia had better functional outcomes in the landmark trial.
Even without the presence of atrial fibrillation, left atrial abnormalities increase the risk of vascular brain injury.
TNK-tPA is safe and effective as a treatment for minor stroke with intracranial occlusion.
The link is mainly due to the blood of cancer patients, which tends to clot more often.
Dehydration in stroke can lead to hemoconcentration and vascular sludging.
Both parents and children exhibited criteria of PTSD and significant levels of anxiety.
Forced exercise was particularly effective in improving motor function and quality of life.
Patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhage and intraventricular hemorrhage experience poor outcomes.
Optic ultrasound is a fast and easy, noninvasive way to measure intracranial pressure.
Two studies showed a greater risk of driving impairment after stroke and aneurysm.
The new recommended levels could have a particularly negative effect on Hispanics and non-Hispanic blacks.
Single small subcortical infarction patients with localized atherosclerotic pathologies have a higher risk of early neurological deterioration.
Mobile stroke units allow for an average 30- to 40-minute time savings to administering IV tPA.
Researchers recommend monitoring vitamin D levels in patients with high vascular risk burden.
HydroCoils reduced the rate of recurrence compared to bare platinum coil.
The trial was stopped early for efficacy.
The use of the clot retriever device with IV tPA improved survival and independence rates.
The Midwest was the most common location for drip and ship hospitals.
In post-stroke patients, depression and fatigue are independently linked to sleep disturbances.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis: Effects on DMTs, the Treatment Team, and More
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Efficacy of Naftazone on Motor Symptoms of Parkinson Disease
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Addressing Levodopa-Resistant Parkinson Disease
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Circadian, Circaseptan Rhythms Prevalent in Epileptic Seizure Cycles
- Jolt Accentuation of Headache Not a Universal Indicator of Acute Meningitis
- Reduced Survival for Patients With Idiopathic Parkinsonism
- ACA Implementation Decreased Rates of Therapy Nonadherence in Stroke Survivors
- Fluorescence Can ID High-Grade Glioma During Sx for Brain Tumor