Although renal cysts are generally thought of as benign findings, this study points to a possible higher stroke risk in patients with multiple cysts.
Under the new ischemic stroke guidelines, the treatment window for thrombectomy has been expanded to up to 24 hours after symptom onset.
Fixed-dose candesartan plus hydrochlorothiazide and rosuvstatin reduced first stroke in patients at intermediate risk for cardiovascular disease.
In this population-based study, researchers found that Mexican Americans had a greater risk for recurrent stroke and death than non-Hispanic whites.
Researchers have observed an upward trend in the incidence of pregnancy-related spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder