ISOPTO CARPINE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 1%, 2%, 4%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ISOPTO CARPINE:
2 drops up to 3–4 times daily or more if needed. Heavily pigmented irides may require higher concentrations.
When constriction is undesirable (e.g., acute iritis). Pupillary block glaucoma.
History or risk of retinal detachment. Asthma. Bradycardia. Hypotension. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, ciliary spasm, conjunctival injection, headache, induced myopia, Transient night blindness may occur (esp. in elderly or lens opacities). Retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
1%, 2%, 4%—15mL
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction