Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+, 60mg+, 120mg; ext-rel tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release :
Prevention of angina. Not for acute attacks.
Do not crush or chew. Take with fluid. Initially 30–60mg once daily in the AM. May increase to 120mg once daily; usual max 240mg once daily.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with sildenafil. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Imdur.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure