Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+, 60mg+, 120mg; ext-rel tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Isosorbide mononitrate extended-release :
Prevention of angina. Not for acute attacks.
Do not crush or chew. Take with fluid. Initially 30–60mg once daily in the AM. May increase to 120mg once daily; usual max 240mg once daily.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with sildenafil. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Imdur.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics