ISOVUE-M 200 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iopamidol 408mg/mL; soln for intrathecal administration; contains sodium 0.029mg, organically bound iodine 200mg per mL.
- Urinary Symptoms Improve With Low-Dose OnabotulinumtoxinA Noncatheterizing Patients With MS
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Quality of Life in Glioblastoma Not Worsened by Tumor-Treating Fields Plus Temozolomide
Indications for ISOVUE-M 200:
For intrathecal administration in adult neuroradiology inculding myelography (lumbar, thoracic, cervical, total columnar), and for contrast enhancement of computed tomographic (CECT) cisternography and ventriculography. For thoraco-lumbar myelography in children ≥2 years of age.
Adults and Children:
See literature regarding dosing based on procedure.
Concomitant corticosteroids. Repeat myelography in the event of technical failure. Significant local or systemic infections where bacteremia is likely.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Increased intracranial pressure. Intracranial tumor. Abscess. Hematoma. History of convulsive disorder. Severe cardiovascular disease. Chronic alcoholism. Multiple sclerosis. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Multiple myeloma. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Patients with evidence of inadvertant intracranial entry of large or concentrated bolus of contrast medium: increased risk of seizures; consider prophylactic diazepam or barbiturate therapy. Direct intracisternal or ventricular administration for standard radiography: not recommended. Maintain elevation of head during procedure, on the stretcher, or in bed. Avoid excessive and active patient movement or straining. Maintain adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, phenothiazines, MAOIs, tricyclics, CNS stimulants, analeptics, major tranquilizers, antipsychotics): not recommended; discontinue 48hrs and for at least 24hrs post-procedure. May reduce iodine-binding capacity of thyroid tissue for up to 2 weeks.
Headache, GI upset, back pain, leg pain, neck pain, hypotension, others.
ISOVUE-M 200: Single dose vials (10mL, 20mL)—10; ISOVUE-M 300: Single dose vials (15mL)—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd