Generic Name and Formulations:
Ecallantide 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for KALBITOR:
Treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
Give 30mg SC in three 10mg (1mL) inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. May give additional 30mg within 24hrs if attack persists.
<12yrs: not established.
Have medical support available to manage anaphylaxis and hereditary angioedema. Monitor closely for hypersensitivity reactions. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Plasma kallikrein inhibitor.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea, pyrexia, inj site reactions, nasopharyngitis, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection, pruritus, upper abdominal pain; anaphylaxis, antibody formation.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine