KISQALI FEMARA CO-PACK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ribociclib 200mg; with letrozole 2.5mg; tabs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for KISQALI FEMARA CO-PACK:
Initial endocrine-based therapy for the treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
Take together preferably in the AM. Swallow whole. Kisqali: initially 600mg once daily for 21 consecutive days, followed by 7 days off treatment for a complete 28-day cycle. Femara: 2.5mg once daily throughout the 28-day cycle. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: avoid; if coadmin necessary, reduce Kisqali to 400mg once daily. Hepatic impairment: initially Kisqali 400mg once daily (moderate and severe); Femara 2.5mg every other day (cirrhosis and severe dysfunction). Dose modifications for toxicity: see full labeling.
Avoid in patients with long QT syndrome, uncontrolled or significant cardiac disease including recent MI, CHF, unstable angina and bradyarrhythmias, electrolyte abnormalities. Assess ECG prior to initiation; start therapy only if QTcF values <450 msec. Repeat ECG at Day 14 of Cycle 1, beginning of Cycle 2, and as clinically indicated; monitor more frequently if any QTcF prolongation occurs. Monitor serum electrolytes prior to initiation, at the beginning of the first 6 cycles, and as clinically indicated; correct any abnormality before starting. Permanently discontinue if QTcF >500msec or >60msec change from baseline and associated with any of the following: Torsades de Pointes, polymorphic ventricular tachycardia, unexplained syncope, or serious arrhythmia. Perform LFTs prior to initiation; monitor every 2 weeks for first 2 cycles, at the beginning of each subsequent 4 cycles, and as clinically indicated; monitor more frequently if Grade ≥2 abnormalities noted. Discontinue if AST/ALT >20XULN, Grade 3 (AST/ALT >5 to 20XULN) recurs, or AST/ALT >3XULN with total bilirubin >2XULN. Perform CBCs prior to initiation; monitor every 2 weeks for first 2 cycles, at the beginning of each subsequent 4 cycles, and as clinically indicated. Hepatic impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: avoid; exclude status prior to initiation. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for ≥3 weeks after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for ≥3 weeks after last dose).
Kinase inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor.
Avoid concomitant with strong CYP3A inhibitors (eg, boceprevir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, ketoconazole, lopinavir/ritonavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, posaconazole, ritonavir, saquinavir, voriconazole); consider alternatives or see Adult. Avoid grapefruit, grapefruit juice, pomegranates, pomegranate juice. Avoid concomitant with strong CYP3A inducers (eg, phenytoin, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort); consider alternatives. Caution with concomitant CYP3A substrates with a narrow therapeutic index (eg, alfentanil, cyclosporine, ergots, everolimus, fentanyl, midazolam, pimozide, quinidine, sirolimus, tacrolimus); may need to reduce these doses. Avoid concomitant with drugs known to prolong QT interval (eg, amiodarone, bepridil, chloroquine, clarithromycin, disopyramide, halofantrine, haloperidol, methadone, moxifloxacin, IV ondansetron, pimozide, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol).
Neutropenia, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, leukopenia, alopecia, vomiting, constipation, headache, back pain; QT prolongation, hepatobiliary toxicity.
Cartons—28 days of therapy (63 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs); (42 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs); (21 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd