KLOR-CON POWDER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Potassium (as chloride) 20mEq/packet; pwd for oral soln; orange flavor.
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for KLOR-CON POWDER:
Hypokalemia, including that caused by diuretics. Digitalis intoxication without AV block.
Take with meals and fluids. Swallow tabs whole; may break Klor-Con M tabs in half, or mix in 4oz water. Effervescent tabs, pwd: dissolve in beverage. Prophylaxis: 20mEq daily. Treatment: 40–100mEq daily in divided doses; max 20mEq/dose.
Hyperkalemia. Chronic renal disease. Acute dehydration. Heat cramps. Severe tissue destruction. Adrenal insufficiency. Familial periodic paralysis. Acidosis (potassium chloride products). Alkalosis (potassium bicarbonate products). Tablets: Esophageal compression due to enlarged left atrium. Decreased GI motility.
Discontinue if GI bleed, ulceration, or other disturbances occur. Renal or cardiac disease. Monitor potassium level, clinical status, acid-base balance, and ECG. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hyperkalemia with ACE inhibitors, spironolactone, triamterene, amiloride, and potassium-containing salt substitutes. Anticholinergics, other agents that decrease GI motility increase risk of serious GI reactions with tablets.
Hyperkalemia, GI discomfort and irritation, diarrhea, rash (rare). Tablets: Esophageal and GI ulceration, bleeding, obstruction, perforation.
M10—90, 100, 1000; M15—100, 1000; M20—90, 100, 500, 1000; Klor-Con 8, 10—100, 500; Pwd—30, 100; Klor-Con/EF—30, 100
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Population-Based Incidence of Acute Idiopathic Optic Neuritis Estimated
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans