Generic Name and Formulations:
Lactulose 10g, 20g; per packet; crystals for reconstitution.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KRISTALOSE:
10–20g dissolved in 4oz water daily; max 40g/day. 20g is equivalent to 30mL liq lactulose.
Galactose restricted diets.
Electrocautery in proctoscopy, colonoscopy. Reduce dose or discontinue if diarrhea persists. Monitor electrolytes if used >6 months in elderly or debilitated. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May be antagonized by nonabsorbable antacids.
Flatulence, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies