Generic Name and Formulations:
Lactulose 10g, 20g; per packet; crystals for reconstitution.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KRISTALOSE:
10–20g dissolved in 4oz water daily; max 40g/day. 20g is equivalent to 30mL liq lactulose.
Galactose restricted diets.
Electrocautery in proctoscopy, colonoscopy. Reduce dose or discontinue if diarrhea persists. Monitor electrolytes if used >6 months in elderly or debilitated. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May be antagonized by nonabsorbable antacids.
Flatulence, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd