Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Next Article in LabMed
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Court Rules That U.S. Must Halt Sales of Pesticide Chlorpyrifos
- Both Abstinence and High Alcohol Use Linked to Dementia
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Effectively Improves Ambulation in Pediatric Transverse Myelitis
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations