Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Next Article in LabMed
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Erenumab for Episodic Migraine: A Closer Look at the Data
- Shortcomings in ALS Research: Strategies for Improvement
- Factors Predictive of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Healthy Individuals
- Solanezumab Every 4 Weeks Does Not Significantly Affect Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease
- Arimoclomol Shows Promise for Treating Rapidly Progressive SOD1 ALS
- CNS Abnormalities Common in Erdheim-Chester Disease
- Trial of Verubecestat for Prodromal Alzheimer Disease Discontinued
- Ischemic Stroke, Myocardial Infarction Both Tied to Lipoproteins, Lipids
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH