Increased Urinary Glucose
Impaired tubular reabsorption of glucose
Pregnancy with latent diabetes mellitus
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Serum or plasma BUN and/or creatinine is useful to initially evaluate renal function.
Evaluate for diabetes mellitus if not already done.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Next Article in LabMed
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Expanded Treatment Window for Clot Retrieval Device in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- FDA Approves Smart Watch for Epilepsy Management
- Genetic and Imaging Markers in Migraine: Ready for Prime Time?
- Resting Tremor Most Common in Early Parkinson Disease
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Uncommon in Treatment-Refractory Epilepsy
- Updated Ischemic Stroke Guidelines: Expert Takeaways
- Alternative Genetic Risk Variant for Alzheimer Disease Identified
- Advance Directives for Dementia: Honoring Patient Wishes When You Don't Know What They Are
- Ethical Considerations in New Coma Research
- Poor Sleep Associated With Worse PTSD, Chronic Pain in Youth
- Solanezumab Every 4 Weeks Does Not Significantly Affect Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Prenatal Exposure to Natalizumab in MS Linked to Miscarriage Risk
- Factors Predictive of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Healthy Individuals
- Crossed Cerebellar Diaschisis May Be Benign in Migraine With Aura