Generic Name and Formulations:
Olaratumab 500mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for LARTRUVO:
In combination with doxorubicin, for the treatment of adults with soft tissue sarcoma with a histologic subtype for which an anthracycline-containing regimen is appropriate and which is not amenable to curative treatment with radiotherapy or surgery.
Premedicate with IV diphenhydramine and IV dexamethasone prior to infusion on Day 1 of cycle 1. Give with doxorubicin for the first 8 cycles: refer to doxorubicin PI for dosing and modifications. Give by IV infusion over 60mins. 15mg/kg on Days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infusion-related reactions during and post-infusion. Permanently discontinue for Grade 3/4 infusion-related reactions; interrupt for Grade 1/2 infusion-related reactions; resume at 50% of initial rate after resolution. If neutropenic fever/infection or Grade 4 neutropenia lasts >1 week, discontinue until ANC ≥1,000μL then permanently reduce dose to 12mg/kg. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for 3 months after last dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 months after last dose).
With doxorubicin: nausea, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, mucositis, alopecia, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, abdominal pain, neuropathy, headache, anxiety, dry eyes, lymphopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hyperglycemia, elevated aPTT, hypokalemia, hypophosphatemia, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd