Generic Name and Formulations:
Levothyroxine sodium 25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 88mcg, 100mcg, 112mcg, 125mcg, 137mcg, 150mcg, 175mcg, 200mcg, 300mcg; tabs.
Indications for LEVOTHROID:
Maintenance: 100–200mcg daily. Complications: titrate dose.
<6months: 8–10mcg/kg per day. 6months–1yr: 6–8mcg/kg per day. 1–5yrs: 5–6mcg/kg per day. 6–12yrs: 4–5mcg/kg per day.
Thyrotoxicosis. Acute MI. Uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Adrenal insufficiency. Increased sensitivity in myxedema, severe hypothyroidism. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sympathomimetics. Monitor antihyperglycemics, oral anticoagulants.
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored