Lidocaine Jelly Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 2%; aqueous.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lidocaine Jelly:
Anesthesia in procedures of urethra, painful urethritis. Anesthesic lubricant for endotracheal intubation.
Adults and Children:
Sepsis. Traumatized mucosa. Severe shock. Heart block. Monitor for familial malignant hyperthermia (eg, tachycardia, tachypnea). Avoid eyes. Do not eat for 1 hour after oral application. Children, elderly, debilitated, acutely ill: reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, dizziness, visual disturbances, tremor, respiratory depression), bradycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Xylocaine.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis