Generic Name and Formulations:
Flavocoxid (contains two types of flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu) 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Indications for LIMBREL:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes of osteoarthritis.
250 or 500mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to flavonoids including foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea, red wine, Brazil nuts).
Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT.
GI upset; elevated liver enzymes, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Apheresis Associated With Clinical Improvement in Early Active Multiple Sclerosis
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- A Convenient Truth: The Problem With Seizure Under-Reporting and How to Fix It
- Incidence of Serotonin Syndrome With Co-Prescription of Triptans, Antidepressants
- Idiopathic Parkinson Disease May Increase Risk for Overactive Bladder
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- Cannabinoids May Be Effective as Adjunctive Treatment for Refractory Epilepsy