Generic Name and Formulations:
Flavocoxid (contains two types of flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu) 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Indications for LIMBREL:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes of osteoarthritis.
250 or 500mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to flavonoids including foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea, red wine, Brazil nuts).
Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT.
GI upset; elevated liver enzymes, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Seizure Monitoring Smartwatch Cleared for Use in Children
- Steps to Facilitate Rapid Reperfusion to Improve Poststroke Outcomes
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Cerebellar Stimulation May Help Improve Gait and Balance Recovery in Stroke
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Breakdown of Blood-Brain Barrier May Drive Dementia
- FDA: Food Inspections to Resume Despite Ongoing Funding Lapse
- First Generic Version of Sabril Tablets Gets FDA Approval
- Supine Positioning After Greater Occipital Nerve Block May Improve Outcomes