LOFIBRA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenofibrate 54mg, 160mg; tabs.
Indications for LOFIBRA TABLETS:
Adjunct to diet in hypertriglyceridemia (Types IV and V), and to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG, and to increase HDL-C, in primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia (Types IIa and IIb).
Take with food. Hypertriglyceridemia: 54mg–160mg/day; adjust in 4–8 week intervals. Hypercholesterolemia, dyslipidemia: 160mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl<50mL/min): initially 54mg/day. Discontinue if inadequate response after 2 months on max dose.
Hepatic dysfunction. Primary biliary cirrhosis. Severe renal dysfunction. Gallbladder disease.
Renal impairment. Monitor CBCs for first year; monitor liver function, discontinue if ALT (SGPT) levels >3xULN persist. Discontinue if markedly elevated CPK levels, myopathy, or gallstones occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid statins. Potentiates oral anticoagulants (monitor). Allow at least 1 hour before or 4–6 hours after bile acid sequestrants. Caution with immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), other nephrotoxic drugs.
Abnormal liver function tests, elevated CPK, respiratory or GI effects, myopathy, cholelithiasis, pancreatitis, increased creatinine, rash; rare: rhabdomyolysis, transient hematologic changes, blood dyscrasias.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches