Generic Name and Formulations:
Trifluridine, tipiracil; 15mg/6.14mg, 20mg/8.19mg; tabs.
Indications for LONSURF:
Treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer in patients previously treated with fluoropyrimidine-, oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy, an anti-VEGF biological therapy, and if RAS wild-type, an anti-EGFR therapy.
Take within 1 hour after completion of AM & PM meals. Initially 35mg/m2 twice daily on Days 1–5 and 8–12 of each 28-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity; max 80mg per dose (based on trifluridine component). Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Obtain CBC prior to and on Day 15 of each cycle, and as clinically indicated. Do not initiate cycle until ANC ≥1,500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia is resolved, platelets ≥75,000/mm3 or Grade 3/4 non-hematological adverse reactions resolved to Grade 0/1. Withhold dose if ANC <500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia, platelets <50,000/mm3, or Grade 3/4 non-hematological adverse reactions occur; upon recovery, resume at a reduced dose (see full labeling). Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: do not initiate. Moderate renal impairment: may require dose modification; severe (CrCl <30mL/min) or ESRD: not studied. Elderly. Pregnancy. Females of reproductive potential must use effective contraception during treatment; males must use condoms during and for ≥3 months after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during treatment and for 1 day after final dose).
Antineoplastic thymidine-based nucleoside analog + thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor.
Anemia, neutropenia, asthenia/fatigue, nausea, thrombocytopenia, decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, pyrexia.
Tabs—20, 40, 60
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis