Lorazepam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 2mg; per mL; concentrated soln.
Indications for Lorazepam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Consume mixture immediately. Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Anxiety: initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed. Transient stress or insomnia: 2–4mg single daily dose at bedtime.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Suicidal tendencies. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Therapy for >4months. Monitor blood counts and liver function with long-term use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, depression, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential, upper GI disease (monitor).
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency