Generic Name and Formulations:
Alglucosidase alfa 5mg/mL; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for LUMIZYME:
Pompe disease (GAA deficiency).
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. 20mg/kg every 2 weeks. Initial infusion rate: 1mg/kg/hr; may increase by 2mg/kg/hr every 30 minutes, if tolerated, to max 7mg/kg/hr.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available and during rechallenge. Increased risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure with acute underlying respiratory illness or compromised cardiac function. Cardiac hypertrophy (increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia when given general anesthesia for central venous catheter placement). Infants with cardiac dysfunction may require prolonged observation times. Monitor for development of systemic immune complex-mediated reactions; consider discontinuing if occurs. Monitor for IgG antibody formation every 3 months for 2 years, then annually. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal glycogen-specific enzyme.
Hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, rash, purexia, flushing/feeling hot, urticaria, headache, hyperhidrosis, nausea, cough, decreased oxygen saturation, tachycardia, tachypnea, chest discomfort, dizziness, muscle twitching, agitation, cyanosis, erythema, hypertension, pallor, rigors, tremor, vomiting, fatigue, myalgia.
Only available through Lumizyme ACE Program. To enroll call (800) 745-4447.
Single-use vial (50mg)—1, 10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL