Jaime Hatcher-Martin, MD, PhD, a movement disorders specialist at Emory University Hospital and the founder of Emory's movement disorders telemedicine clinic, shares her personal experience with telemedicine and provides some guidance for clinicians who might be interested in exploring this treatment option to improve their patients' access to care. Scroll below the video to read the full transcript.
Kara Smith, MD, a movement disorders specialist at UMass Memorial Medical Center and an assistant professor at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, both in Worcester, discusses how a brief free speech sample might be used to calculate a patient's cognitive and motor scores. Scroll below the video to read the full transcript.
MDS Coverage 2017
Nearly 40% of patients in the treatment group were "much" or "very much" improved at 4 weeks.
Patients who underwent deep brain stimulation were 94% less likely to require polypharmacy at 5 years.
Although nonmotor symptoms in Parkinson's have gained significant attention through the years, blood pressure changes have been overlooked.
Patients with metabolic syndrome experienced greater worsening of UPDRS scores over time compared with patients without metabolic syndrome.
Analyses of the ARM-TD and AIM-TD trials indicate that deutetrabenazine performs better than placebo as treatment for tardive dyskinesia.
Four-year results show that motor complications, but not burden of nonmotor symptoms, can predict death in patients with Parkinson's disease.
Previous research has shown that plasma neurofilament light chain concentration may predict severity of disease progression in progressive supranuclear palsy.
New research suggests that baseline gut microbiota may predict the progression of Parkinson's disease at 2 years.
While polyneuropathy is fairly common in Parkinson's disease, the etiology of the pain condition is not clear.
Researchers sought to better understand the potential role of cholesterol in the etiology of Parkinson's disease.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Check out what's trending
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Seizure Monitoring Smartwatch Cleared for Use in Children
- Steps to Facilitate Rapid Reperfusion to Improve Poststroke Outcomes
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Cerebellar Stimulation May Help Improve Gait and Balance Recovery in Stroke
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Breakdown of Blood-Brain Barrier May Drive Dementia
- FDA: Food Inspections to Resume Despite Ongoing Funding Lapse
- First Generic Version of Sabril Tablets Gets FDA Approval
- Supine Positioning After Greater Occipital Nerve Block May Improve Outcomes