Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis oligosaccharide conjugate vaccine (Corynebacterium diphtheriae CRM197 protein); 10mcg of Group A + 5mcg each of Group C, Y, and W-135 + 32.7–64.1mcg of diphtheria CRM197 protein; per 0.5mL; lyophilized pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for MENVEO:
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not established. Give by IM inj only. Infants: give in anterolateral thigh; toddlers, adolescents and adults: in deltoid muscle. 2mos: as a four-dose series at 2, 4, 6, and 12mos of age. 7–23mos: as a two-dose series with the 2nd dose given in the 2nd year of life and at least 3mos after the 1st dose. 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. For children 2–5yrs: if continued high risk, may give 2nd dose 2mos after the 1st dose. All: observe for 15mins post-dose.
Life-threatening reaction to any previous CRM197 or other diphtheria toxoid or meningococcal-containing vaccine.
Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Known history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, tenderness, erythema, induration; irritability, sleepiness, headache, malaise, nausea, myalgia, arthralgia; syncope (seizure-like movements possible post-dose), apnea in premature infants.
Vials—5 doses (5 vials of lyophilized MenA conjugate component + 5 vials of liquid MenCYW-135 conjugate component)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Undifferentiated Headaches Common in Children, Adolescents
- Smoking Associated With Increased Relapse Rate in Interferon Beta-Treated Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Frontotemporal Dementia, Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration Symptoms More Common Later in Life
- No Reduction in Cerebral Perfusion With Intensive Blood Pressure Lowering
- Successful Delirium Prevention in Critically Ill With Dexmedetomidine