Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (as Metafolin) 3mg, Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium) 90.314mg, pyridoxal 5'-phosphate 35mg, methylcobalamin 2mg; caps.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for METANX:
Clinical dietary management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 cap twice daily or 2 caps once daily.
Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia.
Acne, skin reactions, allergic reactions, photosensitivity, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, increased LFTs, paresthesia, somnolence, headache, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling of body swelling.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL