Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 0.75%; lotion.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for METROLOTION:
After washing, apply a thin film once daily to affected areas.
CNS disease (eg, peripheral neuropathy). Blood dyscrasias. If irritation occurs, reduce frequency, interrupt therapy, or discontinue use. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Local reactions, nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache.
Gel 1%—60g tube, 55g pump
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored