For individuals with migraine frequency of 4 to 14 episodes per month, prophylactic medications and analgesics are required.
Patients with migraine headaches—particularly those accompanied by aura—may be at significantly increased risk for 30-day hospital readmission because of pain after surgery.
The location of migraine pain may not be associated with psychiatric distress, emergency department visits, or healthcare use.
Mayne Pharma Group announced the availability of Butalbital/Acetaminophen 50mg/300mg Capsules indicated for the relief of the symptom of complex tension headache.
GammaCore Sapphire, a new non-invasive hand-held device for migraine and episodic cluster headache treatment, has been made available by electroCore.
The investigators sought to evaluate whether early-life traumatic experiences, stressful life events, and alexithymia are associated with chronic migraine and medication overuse headache.
The risk of cochlear disorders, especially tinnitus, is increased among patients with a history of migraine.
The investigators sought to evaluate the efficacy and safety of mindfulness-based stress reduction and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in the reduction of the symptoms associated with chronic headaches.
Two-thirds of parents report that their child has had a headache not related to a fall or head injury.
White Matter Hyperintensities Demonstrate Specific Spatiotemporal Evolution in Reversible Cerebral Vasoconstriction Syndrome
The characteristics of white matter hyperintensities were assessed to provide information on the underlying mechanisms of these lesions in individuals with reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- High Treatment Adherence and Quality of Life Observed With Fingolimod
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Early Treatment Failure More Likely With Carbamazepine vs Lamotrigine in Epilepsy
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Concurrent Non-Motor Functions Strongly Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Feeling Young May Be Reflected in Brain Structure