For individuals with migraine frequency of 4 to 14 episodes per month, prophylactic medications and analgesics are required.
Teva has decided to discontinue part of the ENFORCE Phase 3 clinical development program for fremanezumab.
The antiepileptic drug levetiracetam may represent an effective prophylactic treatment option for episodic migraine.
For patients with episodic migraine, galcanezumab is better than placebo for reducing migraine headache days.
For patients with episodic migraine, fremanezumab is associated with a reduction in the mean number of monthly migraine days.
The episodic cluster headache trial included a total of 106 patients with an average of 17.5 cluster headache attacks per week at baseline.
Compared to placebo, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) were associated with a significantly higher risk of headache (risk ratio [RR] 1.06, 95% CI: 1.00 to 1.13; P =.045).
Allergan announced results from the second Phase 3 trial for their novel acute migraine treatment, ubrogepant.
Investigators assessed the impact of atraumatic vs conventional needles on patient outcomes after lumbar puncture.
The authors note that this appears to be the first case of RCVS secondary to pepper or cayenne ingestion.
Single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation device is safe and easy to use.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued