MIOCHOL E Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetylcholine chloride 20mg, mannitol 56mg; per vial; pwd for reconstitution into intraocular soln.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MIOCHOL E:
To obtain miosis of the iris in seconds after delivery of the lens in cataract surgery, in penetrating keratoplasty, iridectomy and other anterior segment surgery where rapid miosis may be required.
Prepare soln immediately before use. Syringe filter has priming volume of 0.6mL. Instill into the anterior chamber before or after securing one or more sutures. 0.5–2mL produces satisfactory miosis.
Open under aseptic conditions only.
May be antagonized by topical NSAIDs.
Ocular effects (eg, corneal edema/clouding/decompensation); rare: systemic effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, flushing, breathing difficulties, sweating).
Blister pack—1 (vial + electrolyte diluent + sterile filter)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics