MIOCHOL E Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetylcholine chloride 20mg, mannitol 56mg; per vial; pwd for reconstitution into intraocular soln.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for MIOCHOL E:
To obtain miosis of the iris in seconds after delivery of the lens in cataract surgery, in penetrating keratoplasty, iridectomy and other anterior segment surgery where rapid miosis may be required.
Prepare soln immediately before use. Syringe filter has priming volume of 0.6mL. Instill into the anterior chamber before or after securing one or more sutures. 0.5–2mL produces satisfactory miosis.
Open under aseptic conditions only.
May be antagonized by topical NSAIDs.
Ocular effects (eg, corneal edema/clouding/decompensation); rare: systemic effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, flushing, breathing difficulties, sweating).
Blister pack—1 (vial + electrolyte diluent + sterile filter)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL