Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350; pwd for solution.
Indications for MIRALAX:
≥17yrs: Dissolve 17g in 4–8oz liquid and drink once daily for up to 7 days. May need 1–3 days for results.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Bowel obstruction (known or suspected).
Renal impairment: not recommended. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or IBS: exclude bowel obstruction. Avoid prolonged, frequent, or excessive use. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Loose, watery, frequent stools.
Powder—119g, 238g, 510g (w. measuring cap); Single-dose packets (17g)—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis