Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.33%; topical gel; contains propylene glycol.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MIRVASO:
Persistent (nontransient) facial erythema of rosacea.
≥18yrs: apply a pea-sized amount once daily to each of the five areas of the face (forehead, chin, nose, each cheek); spread gel smoothly and evenly in a thin layer. Wash hands after use.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid eyes, lips, irritated skin, or open wounds. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thrombangiitis obliterans. Scleroderma. Sjögrens syndrome. Severe or unstable cardiovascular disease. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with beta-blockers, other antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides. Consider possibility of additive effects with CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, barbiturates, opiates, sedatives, anesthetics). Concomitant MAOIs may affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines; caution.
Erythema, flushing, burning sensation, contact dermatitis; systemic adverse reactions (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, dizziness), local vasomotor reactions (eg, pallor and excessive whitening, hypersensitivity [discontinue if significant]).
Gel—30g (tube or pump), 45g (tube)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- Thrombolysis With Tenecteplase Is as Safe as Alteplase in Stroke Mimics
- Loss of Function Variants in LRRK1 and LRRK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Smoking Promotes Disease Progression in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- ZTlido Patch for Post-Shingles Pain Launching Soon
- Managing Complications of Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy
- Deep Brain Stimulation Reduces Tremor Symptoms in Parkinson Disease
- FDA Issues Statement Addressing Safety Concerns Associated With Nuplazid
- Prevalence of Autoimmune Encephalitis in Herpes Simplex Encephalitis Explored