Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 22mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for MONOVISC:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 4mL in one knee only. If bilateral treatment: use one syringe in each knee.
≤21yrs: not established.
Gram (+) bacterial protein allergy. Infections or skin diseases in area of inj site/joint. Systemic bleeding disorders.
Avoid strenuous or prolonged weight-bearing activities within 48hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence.
Arthralgia, joint swelling, inj site pain.
Single-use syringe (4mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure