The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
More than half of patients diagnosed with Parkinson disease experience freezing of gait.
Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
Although patients with idiopathic and 22q11.2 DS forms of Parkinson disease had a similar age at disease onset, the diagnosis of PD was delayed significantly in patients who had a history of antipsychotic therapy.
A total of 42 consecutive patients with PD who underwent STN-DBS were enrolled in this study.
Sunovion announced that the FDA has accepted the NDA for apomorphine sublingual film to treat motor fluctuations seen in patients with Parkinson's.
Investigators tested functional connectivity between the right and left hypothalamus as well as the other brain regions by using the seed-to-voxel strategy.
A new immunotherapy appears to be well tolerated and possibly of benefit in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Individuals with Tourette syndrome or chronic tic disorders have lower likelihood of academic achievement.
There is a significantly increased risk of Parkinson disease in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Despite evidence suggesting there is an impact of physical activity and body mass index on the risk for Parkinson disease, a large prospective study published in Neurology shows that there is no significant association between prolonged sitting/inactivity or obesity with PD risk.
Patients with TBI had a higher incidence of PD compared with patients without TBI.
Using information from these assessments, investigators identified participants as having either major psychotic symptoms, isolated minor psychotic symptoms, or no psychotic symptoms.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued