Generic Name and Formulations:
Plerixafor 20mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for MOZOBIL:
In combination with granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF): To mobilize hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for collection and autologous transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma or multiple myeloma.
Start after 4 days' treatment with G-CSF. Give approximately 11hrs before starting apheresis. Repeat up to 4 consecutive days. Base dose on actual body weight. 0.24mg/kg SC; max 40mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl≤50mL/min): 0.16mg/kg; max 27mg/day.
Not for use in leukemia. May cause mobilization of tumor cells (in combination with G-CSF). Monitor blood and platelet counts (esp. neutrophils). Monitor for splenic enlargement/rupture after administration in combination with G-CSF; evaluate if left upper abdominal pain and/or scapular or shoulder pain occurs. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after administration for at least 30mins. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer.
May be potentiated by drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion.
Diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, dizziness, vomiting; anaphylactic shock, hypersensitivity reactions (may be serious), tumor cell mobilization, increased circulating neutrophils, decreased platelet counts, enlarged spleen, vasovagal reaction may occur.
Single-use vials (1.2mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure